9. Before turning 12 months
You can start recognizing the symptoms of autism as early as 6 months old, but they’re usually most noticeable when your child is between 18 and 24 months old. This usually happens when parents or doctors notice that the infant’s achievements are lagging behind other babies their age.
Some signs that may appear in infants include:
- Not responding to their name
- Not following objects with their eyes
- Not smiling back when you smile at them
- Not responding to loud noises.
- Not gesturing (pointing, waving bye-bye) by 12 months
An ADOS 2 assessment can be used to diagnose autism in infants as young as 12 months old.
Technology has been so advanced that devices and treatments like omnipod 5, soliqua insulin and port advance are available in the market to monitor and maintain your blood sugar levels.
Open next page to continue read